Giddy & Green Beans

One of my hobbies is entering recipe contests. I just the call that I'm a finalist in one of the biggies! I'm too excited to write much, so I'll give you a tried & true recipe for the green beans that are so beautiful right now. I got the original recipe from the Cooking Light Great Food board, where I've found many good recipes, and tinkered with it a bit.

Garlicky Green Beans

1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
2 Tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/4 cup white wine
Salt and pepper, to taste

Steam or boil green beans for 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender.

In medium skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute. Add green beans, and chicken bouillon and stir well. Saute about five more minutes, or until grean beans are to desired doneness.

Turn heat up to medium high, then pour in the wine and let most of it evaporate. Off heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir thoroughly. Serve immediately.