Contesting article and Web site

It's been interesting that my posts about cooking contests receive a lot more comments than the ones about cooking or dining. For what it's worth, I won't have much to report in the way of contests for awhile, because I don't have many entries out there in the pipeline. Some contesters submit their entries, keep track of deadlines, and wait with baited breath to see whether they won. I prefer to submit entries and then forget about them. If I win something, it's a fun surprise. If not, on to the next contest.

Anyway, there's an article in the New York Times about contesting and specifically this year's Sutter Home Build a Better Burger contest. I wasn't at the contest, but the information about contesting strikes me as being fair and accurate. Unfortunately, the New York Times makes you register and give them info for you to get access to their site. I won't do this for most sites, but, well, it's the New York Times and I wanted to see the article. Anyway, here's the link to the article.

I thought I should mention that if you're interested in entering cooking contests, the Cooking Contest Central Web site is a tremendous resource. For a fee of $25 per year, you get notified of just about every contest that's out there. There's also a forum where people post questions and answers, and hear about each other's contest experiences. Some of the content is free, so check it out!