Weekend Dog Blogging & a Winner

There's something cheerful and energizing about sunny winter days with fresh white snow and bright blue skies. We had such a day today and B. and I took a walk to the best sledding hill in town. We took Charlie with us, and although he's a little white fluff mutt, he bounded through the snow like he was a purebred Siberian Husky.

When I take the kids sledding, I just can't resist taking a turn or two down the hill. I usually scream the whole way, which cracks my kids right up. I have to do this while I can -- in a year or two the kids will die of embarrassment at their goofy mom barrelling down the sledding hill.

Today, I coerced my friend, DW, into joining me on the toboggan. We got ourselves in position on the sled, and noticed that next to us was a teenage boy on his sled, ready to go down.

"Go ahead," we said to him.
"No thanks, I'd rather see this," he said with a laugh.

So down we went, cackling the whole way. It was a gas. Someday I'm going to have an adults-only sledding party. Maybe I'll make some spiked hot cocoa to get everyone in the "spirit."

Since I didn't take my camera to the sledding hill, I thought I'd post a picture of the other way Charlie enjoys a sunny winter day. He loves to take a nap in the warmth of the afternoon sun. If you want to see more dog photos, mosey over to Sweetnicks on Monday.

************************************

On another note, I forgot do the drawing for the cookbook! In a drawing audited by KPMG ... no really, my 9-year-old son ... the winner is -- Marie F! The cookbook is on its way, Marie. Thanks to all who posted comments. They were very helpful.

Enjoy the weekend!