Desperately seeking this cookie recipe

I am trying to figure out how to make this cookie, and I'm stumped.

It's from Bernunzio's Deli in Penfield, which is my favorite deli in Penfield. They call it a Lemon Meatball Cookie. This cookie also comes in vanilla and chocolate, but I like lemon the best.

It is lemony and so tender that it almost melts in your mouth. It's not chewy, like a chocolate chip cookie. It's not dry and crumbly, like a buttery almond crescent. It's not caky and spongy either. I guess it's a cross between crumbly and caky.

I've tried Googling "meatball cookies" but all it turns up is a cookie with chocolate chips and nuts. I have plenty of those kinds of recipes. I want lemon!

I have a hunch this recipe could start with some kind of a mix, like perhaps a cake mix, because of its unnatural yellow color.

Anyone have any ideas?

Please?