A Fluffmutt for First Dog!

What an amazing night! McCain gave a gracious concession speech, and Obama's speech was inspiring, with the beautiful city of Chicago as its backdrop. Even if you voted for McCain, I would hope you could appreciate the significance of last night's election.

It's kind of like when the Bears lost the Super Bowl in 2007. I was disappointed my hometown team lost, but the fact that Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy -- both classy guys -- got their well-deserved Super Bowl rings (and Dungy became the first African-American coach to win the Super Bowl) took the sting out of the disappointment.

So on to the next matter at hand: the promised puppy for Obama's daughters. I believe they should get a rescued fluffmutt like Charlie. Getting a rescue or pound dog would be a great example for the country, with its overpopulation of dogs. I've heard that someone in the Obama family has a dog allergy, and a Bichon/poodle mix like Charlie doesn't shed and therefore is less allergic.

Charlie is the cutest, smartest and funniest dog I've known. I think a dog like him would charm the country. Fluffmutt for First Dog!