Vote today!

I'm not a political junkie by any stretch of the imagination, but I love election day in the U.S.A. There's something uplifting about the idea that no matter how divisive and bitter the campaigning has been up until this point, the process for voting and the transfer of power will be peaceful. It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

I vote in every election. Living in the hometown of Susan B. Anthony, I'm inspired by all she went through to get women the right to vote, and I'm not going to take that right for granted.

So whatever side of the political divide you're on (and I'm going to keep mine to myself), I hope you vote today.

Oh, and the tart? I made it for our Fourth of July party this year. I loved the way it looked but the filling was sort of ok. If you care to try it, you can find it here, on Epicurious.com.