My Super Bowl goodies

We're going to the annual Super Bowl party at the home of good friends. I'm rooting for the Giants but I honestly don't care all that much about the outcome of the game. Everyone is bringing an appetizer or a sweet to the party, so I think I'm looking forward to the food more than the game.

My contributions to this year's gathering are two Pillsbury Bake-off finalist recipes: my Jalapeno Popper Cups and Mexican Chocolate Crunch Brownies.

I could use practice making the cups, and I hope everyone likes them. I think they are just right for a Super Bowl party. The jalapeno rings are spicy, but I think the biscuit base and cheesy filling balance them out. If you don't like spicy foods, just pick off the jalapeno ring (or make some cups without one).

The Mexican Chocolate Crunch Brownies are the creation of Val, an online pal who I look forward to meeting in person in Dallas. I made them with D. yesterday and they were easy to put together. Val tells me that the secret of the crust is to process the cereal very finely. Mexican chocolate is a combination of cinnamon and chocolate. I've messed around with the flavors, and I find that it's tricky to have enough cinnamon so that it comes through, but not so much that it overwhelms the chocolate. I think these are just right.

I'm submitting this to a Gameday Gourmet roundup! To check out other fun football fare, click on the link the week of February 10!